When replacing textures, the process is fairly similar on both Wii U/Cemu and Switch. The main difference is the presence of Tex1 and Tex2 which are combined as a single Tex file on the switch.
Replacing The Textures
- Open Switch Toolbox and find the texture you're looking for. Use IDs List to find the bfres name.
- Drag the Tex1 (or Tex if Switch) into Switch Toolbox
- Click the + icon next to the file, and then on textures folder.
- Find the texture you're looking to replace and right-click, replace. Please note when replacing textures sometimes SRGB won't be automatically selected, if it's Alb, then it will glow in-game without SRGB.
- Save the file, if you're on Wii U it will ask where to save the Tex2, save it in the same spot Tex2 would belong for that model.
- If the file size increased it's recommended that you update the RSTB entry.
Congratulations! You replaced the texture! If you're on CEMU, create a graphics pack and try it out, otherwise follow the normal steps for mods on Switch / Wii U to see it in action.