msyt is an MSBT tool. It can convert game texts from MSBT to a human readable format (YAML) and vice versa. It is a newer tool that has increasing support for control codes and other more advanced features.
Download the release for your OS and architecture from the MSYT GitLab under "Download artifacts." Extract it where you please and run it from the command line or terminal.
msyt is a CLI tool. For help with using the command line, see Help:CLI.
- To convert an MSBT file to MSYT (YML format):
msyt export INPUT_FILE.msbt OUTPUT_FILE.msyt[help]
- To convert a folder of MSBT files to MSYT in the same folder:
msyt export -d INPUT_DIR
- To convert a folder of MSBT files to MSYT and output in a different folder:
msyt export -o OUTPUT_DIR -d INPUT_DIR
- To convert back from MSYT to binary MSBT in the same location:
msyt create INPUT_FILE.msyt
- To convert a folder of MSYTs to binary MSBT in the same folder:
msyt create -d INPUT_DIR
- To convert a folder of MSYTs to binary MSBT and output in a different folder:
msyt create -o OUTPUT_DIR -d INPUT_DIR